- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, washed, dried and sliced in half vertically
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts (about 11-12 sprouts), end trimmed off and sliced in half vertically
- 3 ounces peeled and steamed chestnuts
- 2 colored bell peppers (ideally 1 red, 1 yellow)
- 3-4 ounces shallots, paper skin peeled off, halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoons Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced or pressed
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Garnishes at serving time: pomegranate arils (seeds), sliced Fuyu persimmons
- Heat oven to 375F degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil (to make cleanup far easier) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the potatoes, sprouts, chestnuts, bell peppers and shallots. In a small bowl or cup, mix the dressing (Garcia de la Cruz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil , maple syrup, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper), stir well, and pour over the vegetables in the mixing bowl. Mix gently but well, to coat all vegetables.
- Pour the vegetables onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, and roast for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, check to make sure the vegetables are tender (poke them with a fork or sharp tip of a knife) and remove pan from oven.
- Use a spatula to transfer vegetables to a serving platter, and garnish with sliced persimmon and pomegranate arils.
- Serve warm or at room temperature; it’s good either way!
- Serves 6.
Recipe by Dorothy Reinhold